Error 628 Windows 7
Error 628 in Windows 7 is network related error which shows description that port is disconnected. In this article you would learn about procedures to solve the problem.
Upgrade Modem Driver
Another reason behind error 628 in Windows 7 can be outdated device drivers of modem. Installed drivers may not be fully supporting your operating system. To upgrade Modem driver, you need to uninstall and reinstall device driver for modem.
- Right Click on My Computer.
- Select Properties | Click on Hardware | Select Device Manager
- Right Click on Modem | Uninstall its driver
- Visit corporate website of your service provider | Or download from manufacturer’s website
- Download appropriate version and it would fix error 628 in Windows 7.
Error 628 in Windows 7 occurs due to improper configuration of your system. Solve this problem by downloading some good Internet Optimizer. Follow the steps given below.
- Download some reliable Internet Optimization tool such as PCFresher.
- Install it on your system to configure it according to speed of Internet connection.
Disable Firewall Program:
To fix error 628 in Windows 7, simply disable your firewall program. You can disable Windows firewall by applying steps given below.
- Click on Start button | Type “Windows Firewall” in Search box | Enter
- Click on Action menu and Select Properties
- Now disable firewall protection | OK
Repair Windows Registry:
Registry is database that stores information in form of registry keys. Problem with registry settings related to your broadband connection can result in error 628. To solve registry related issues, get some reliable Windows registry fixup tool. To repair registry, follow the steps given below.
- Download and install some reliable registry clearing tool such as PCFresher.
- Run full registry scan and fix the errors.
Run Disk Cleanup:
To fix error 628 in Windows 7, you need to remove junk from your system. To remove junk, follow the steps given below.
- Click on Start | All Programs | Accessories
- Click on System tools | Disk Cleanup
- Select the partition | OK